If before today you bought the first device that happened, it’s time to fix it, below we offer you the “Hair Dryer Buying Guide” . There are so many models, and they differ in characteristics, each of these ideals for hair type and for the use you have to make of it. More here https://mystraightener.com/best-quiet-hair-dryers-review/.
The main features of a hairdryer
- Power : like all electrical appliances, hairdryers can also measure their energy consumption in Watts. The power of a hair dryer usually starts from a minimum of 1800 W to 2500 W to arrive . Of course, the jet of hot air also depends on the power emitted by the hairdryer , but excessive heat without protection functions for the scalp often causes damage .
- The concentrator : for the less technical we can call it spout , but we believe that everyone has understood well which element we are talking about. With this it is possible to direct the heat directly on the brush or comb , ideal for those who want to straighten their hair . A narrower lip nozzle ensures faster and more precise airflow . For curly hair, on the other hand, choose the diffuser , it is that round nozzle and many perforated “pins” , also in this case better if the holes are not too large.
- Ceramic and tourmaline : ceramic and tourmaline are elements that prevent the hair from drying out due to the heat of the hairdryer . These elements in fact manage to produce a constant and not excessive temperature , but at the same time guarantee the performance given by the power and speed chosen .
- Ionizer : typical of the latest generation hair dryers is a function that through negative ions divide the water droplets into smaller particles , in this way drying is faster and the hair softer . Highly requested by those who often use the hairdryer and for particular hairstyles.
- Cold air switch : it is usually a button located in the center of the handle, when the hairdryer is pressed it no longer produces hot air but at room temperature . The “cold shot” is used to fix the style , very useful for those who need to straighten their hair.
- Control buttons : their purpose is very simple and known by everyone, in fact they are used to adjust the speed on different modes , in most cases we find 6/8 combinations but you can also find many more . Some more professional models also have the “turbo boost” option , this is a particularly powerful jet of air that allows you to dry faster .
We have seen what are the main characteristics of a hairdryer and the purpose of each of them. Of course, your choice must be directed according to the needs you have, for example, those who go to the gym every day will choose a small size hairdryer (some have a folding handle) and better if it has protective functions such as ceramic (or tourmaline ) and the ionizing one. The same goes for those who spend a lot of time on difficult hairstyles, but for this, we also ask you to check the power of the hairdryer and the related accessories. To identify what you need is and choose based on the news we have given you.